This course is accessible exclusively for UN-Habitat partners in possession of an enrollment key.
At the end of this Basic Training, you will have learned:
- What the Environmental and Social Safeguards System 3.0 is;
- Why an Environmental and Social Safeguards System is critical for our project and programme management;
- The key concepts of the Environmental and Social Safeguards System 3.0;
- Where to find additional reference material to implement the Environmental and Social Safeguards System 3.0
Materials & Duration:
30 minutes, including final quiz
Start: This is a self-paced course
Duration: Each module takes about 40 to 60 minutes to complete
Certificate: Awarded after completing all modules and passing the final test
The course is intended for local and national government staff, and local stakeholders working with urban development, including NGOs, CBOs, the private sector, as well as employees in the United Nations and other international organizations, as well as anyone who wants to find out more about Ecosystem-based Adaptation at the local level.
Start date: Whenever you want. This is a self-paced course.
Duration: About 2 hours.
The objective of this course is to understand:
- What NUP is and its role towards sustainable urbanization
- The NUP process and how it is conducted in practice
- How to conduct the NUP assessment/review
- How NUP relates to other sectors